Business Owners, Beneficiaries and Other High Net Worth Individuals: Adam provides representation in all aspects of estate and trust planning including:
- Preparation of wills
- Trusts and other wealth transfer documents
- Review of existing documents
- Matters involving family owned entities and legacy properties
- Premarital planning
- Related income, gift, estate and generation-skipping tax planning matters
Businesses and Their Owners: Adam develops and implements succession plans for the transfer of interests in closely-held businesses and properties, often involving buy-sell agreements, reorganizations, advanced tax issues and related matters.
Personal Representatives and Trustees: Adam represents fiduciaries with the administration of complex estates and trusts including:
- Coordinating and fulfilling tax filing requirements and other obligations
- Assisting with related transfers of business interests
- Planning involving income, estate, and generation-skipping tax matters
- Assisting with related audits and disputes
Businesses and Their Owners: Adam advises clients in various industries with regard to business formation, structure, governance, financing transactions, and other tax and operational issues. Industries include:
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Real Estate
Businesses and Their Owners: Adam represents business entities in connection with:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Related tax planning
Investors: Adam represents individual investors and entities in connection with various forms of I.R.C. § 1031 like-kind exchanges and related planning and transactional matters.
Individual and Corporate Taxpayers: Adam provides counsel to taxpayers in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration with regard to tax audits, appeals and litigation.
Charitable Entities and Their Donors: Adam represents clients in the formation and operation of private foundations and other charitable entities and related tax planning.
Closely-Held Businesses: Adam serves as “outside general counsel” with respect to various transactional matters and coordinates other legal needs outside his primary practice areas.