David focuses his practice on construction disputes through litigation, mediation and arbitration as an attorney and dispute resolution appointee as well as defense of design professionals. In addition, he counsels clients in the areas of business litigation, financial institution forms compliance, commercial transactions, real estate, professional liability and commercial arbitration. He is one of the editors of the Arkansas Construction Law Manual.
Significant matters recently handled by David resulted in a favorable jury verdict against an international food company after a multi-week trial and an arbitration award against a national construction company. Earlier successful cases involved large hydroelectric projects on the Arkansas River and a defense verdict in one of the early lender liability cases in the Eighth Circuit.
David is listed in The Best Lawyers in America under commercial litigation, construction law, bet-the-company litigation, franchise law, arbitration and professional malpractice law. Chambers USA ranks him as a leading practitioner in commercial litigation; and in Mid-South Super Lawyers, he is ranked in business litigation, construction litigation and professional liability defense.
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators, Panel of Mediators
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Fellow
- Construction Lawyers Society of America, Fellow
- Duke University (J.D., 1969, with honors), Order of the Coif
- Davidson College (A.B. cum laude, 1966) Phi Beta Kappa
- Former Adjunct Faculty, School of Law, University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Uniform Commercial Code and Real Estate)
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate