Nicole focuses her practice primarily on state, local, individual and corporate taxation as well as various tax backed and revenue bond issues. In regards to her tax practice, she advises clients on an array of complex federal and state tax issues, such as those regarding income, gift, sales and estate tax.
Additionally, Nicole is involved in matters when the Rose Law Firm is engaged as bond counsel and has worked with the Arkansas Development Finance Authority and various municipalities, public facilities boards, improvement districts, educational institutions, and other public instrumentalities.
Nicole also has experience working on estate planning and general corporate matters, such as financing transactions, corporate structure and governance, reorganizations and the drafting of various types of commercial contracts.
Nicole Soulsby, Strength in Numbers: South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. and the Ripple Effect Occurring in State Legislatures to Circumvent the Quill Corp Physical Presence Test for Use Taxation, 11 Charleston L. Rev. 583 (2017).
Areas of Service
- Prepared both state and federal post-disaster funding applications
- Assisted in funding efforts involving FEMA, the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management and the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission
- Advise corporate clients regarding sales and use tax and the economic nexus standard
- Assist with tax controversies involving both the Internal Revenue Service and the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration
- Provide municipal finance and bond assistance to cities as officials facilitate various economic development projects, including those involving tax and other incentives, including the Arkansas Act 9/PILOT arrangements
- Presented a multi-family housing bond issue to the Arkansas Development Finance Authority
- Advise clients on entity selection and formation, commercial and contract issues, reorganizations and general business issues
- Prepare an array of corporate documents, such as organizational documents, employment agreements and lease and purchase agreements
- Draft wills, revocable trusts and powers of attorney for individuals and families across the state
Georgetown University School of Law, Executive LL.M. in Taxation – 2019
- Certificate in State and Local Taxation
- Dean’s List
Charleston School of Law, Juris Doctor (Summa Cum Laude) – 2018
- Presidential Honors Recipient
- Dean’s List
- Student Works Editor, Charleston Law Review
- Vice President, Student Bar Association
- Legal Research & Writing Senior Fellow
- Associate Justice of External Competitions, Charleston Moot Court Board
- Best Oral Advocate, Charleston Moot Court Board
- Best Brief Award, Charleston Moot Court Board Internal Competition
- National Moot Court Competition, Region 5 Champion
- Medical University of South Carolina Presidential Scholar
- James L. Petigru Inn of Court Student Member
- Forensic Club Member
- CALI Awards: Evidence and Civil Procedure
University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Science – 2015