We represent management in all forms of state and federal litigation involving claims of harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Some of the laws most often litigated by our attorneys include:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
In handling the defense of these actions, we appear before state and federal courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and others.
Our attorneys work proactively with clients before such claims arise to attempt to minimize risk. Examples of this type of proactive counseling include:
- Answering questions from supervisors, management, and human resource professionals regarding best practices
- Drafting employer-specific documents
- Handling any agency complaints (such as responding to Charges of Discrimination before the EEOC) which precede legal action in the court system
- Providing training to supervisors and management
- Updating our clients regarding the latest changes in labor and employment laws
We help clients negotiate settlements of such claims as well.