Paul is member and chief financial officer, whose practice focuses on commercial financing transactions, new markets tax credit financings, mergers and acquisitions and all aspects of federal and state tax planning, with an emphasis on individual, estate and gift, corporate and flow through tax planning.
Paul is a frequent speaker at continuing education seminars hosted by the Arkansas Bar Association and the Arkansas Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Chambers USA describes Paul as a “‘a very skilled tax attorney, which forms part of his broad corporate practice,'” leading to Chambers recognizing Paul in two practice areas, Corporate Commercial and Corporate Commercial – Tax.
Areas of Service
- Lead CDE counsel in the deployment of more than $100-million of federal NMTCs
- Tax and commercial counsel for software as a service (SAAS) companies
- Lead tax and Hart-Scott-Rodino counsel on mergers and acquisitions requiring regulatory approval with the Federal Trade Commission and US Department of Justice
- Chambers USA Leading Lawyers, Corporate & Commercial; Corporate & Commercial – Tax, 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, 2020
- American Bar Association, Member, Taxation and Business Law Section
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member, Taxation Section
- Sculpture at the River Market, Inc., Member, Board of Directors
- Historic Arkansas Museum Foundation, Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Arkansas Business Executive Leadership Academy, 2019
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, Juris Doctor, (High Honors)
- Survey and Comments Editor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review
- Hendrix College, Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Business with an Emphasis in Accounting, Cum Laude with Distinction
- Hendrix College, Master of Arts in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, Arkansas 2005 (inactive)
- United States Tax Court