Now more than ever, our expertise in guiding businesses through the complexities of federal and state antitrust, trade regulation and business competition issues is vital. Our attorneys address the full range of a client’s needs in the area of competition from educating and training employees on the do’s and don’ts of antitrust and competition law to analyzing risks or effects of mergers and acquisitions. We also assist in guiding contract negotiations and drafting to avoid antitrust problems in addition to protecting them in the prosecution or defense of litigation of complex antitrust and business tort claims, including in investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice.
We understand and act on our clients’ strategic needs to address problems, attacks and demands proactively, while avoiding litigation when possible, and continue maintaining good relationships with their customers, suppliers and competitors. Our clients rely on us to handle their respective issues with competence, creativity and efficiency, in partnership with them and their particular business structure and goals, at the forefront of our strategy.
Clients for these services come from a broad range of industries, including information technology, manufacturing, agriculture, construction, healthcare and media.
Representative matters in the field of competition are highlighted below:
- Defense of numerous antitrust conspiracy class actions for international electronic manufacturers in both Arkansas and other states in the U. S., helping in such areas as discovery, depositions and related disputes with non-party corporations with whom the privacy counsel had conflicts. The testimony was important in opposing the Plaintiffs’ expert analysis.
- Defense of antitrust conspiracy class action in the Northern District of Illinois for an international poultry producer. The matter is significant in that the Plaintiffs sought to limit information that companies in this industry may contribute to and receive from industry analytics organization, which could set a precedent in other industries as well.
- Counsel for third-party subpoena target in blocked merger case.
- Numerous successful prosecutions and defenses for publicly-held high-tech company of claims of breaches of covenants not-to-compete and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Arkansas counsel for a variety of national manufacturing companies and financial institutions in Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act and products liability class actions.
- Effective conflicts counsel for national and international manufacturing clients in defense of antitrust class actions.
- Defense of publicly-held company in individual and class-action Fair Credit Reporting Act and privacy claims, successfully resolved by summary judgment and negotiation.